Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Fresh Start

I've been up and down in the blog world. I was really into it, and then not so much, and then into it but with no time, and now that there's time and I'm feeling good vibes... I think it's time to start up again. For real, this time.

This is me;
Kalyn Cagle 

Occupation (for now):
Barista at Starbucks(inside Target)

I come from a family of 5:

My mom, sister (18), ME, brother (9), and dad. 

I'm the middle child and I definitely carry the sterotype of middle child syndrome.


This is my very best friend:


Morgan Miller

I've always loved looking at blogs and loved having one of my own, but before now I never felt like I had the time. This past December of 2012 I graduated early and finished up the dreaded high school years a semester early. I live in Lee's Summit, MO and moved here in December of 2011, so just about a year ago. I left my best friend, Morgan, behind in Texas, but I couldn't have asked for a better place to start my new life.

I knew moving was a part of God's plan for my life and seeing how much it has changed me for the better since the move, reminds me daily how much it was meant to be. I started attending an incredible church, Summit Life, and became associated with amazing families that have forever changed my life. I couldn't ask for a more loving pastor and his family and loving/commited church members. I am truly blessed.

As for my life after high school, it is still a mystery to me. I am really big into fashion which is something that will become apparent if you continue to read my blog. I've always been into fashion design and art so maybe that's something I should try for college. I just haven't decided yet. One of my favorite set of verses is Psalm 37: 3-4, which says Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Trust. It's something I've really had to do in my life lately. Trust that God knows what he's doing and I shouldn't have to worry about where I'm going in life or what I'm doing because if I just trust, he will give me the desires of my heart.

In the mean time, before I know what I'm doing with my life, I work and workout. I made a promise to myself this year that I'd get my life on track and work at what I didn't think I could ever do and stick to it. That's my main problem. I'll start working out and then give up in a week or two. I'm tired of not being happy with my body and not being as confident as I could be, so this time, I'm not giving up. I started on January 3rd with my best friend since I've moved, Savannah. We made a pact to each other that until we lose 10 pounds we can't go shopping. Which might not seem like much, but I may or may not be a shopoholic. I've stuck to my promise thus far, and learned to love working out and eating right since then.


XOXO, Kay.

2 comments:

  1. You and your family are just precious :). Love the photo with the denim outfits- that's a gorgeous sequin dress! I'm really looking forward to seeing where this blog takes you!

    Ashlyn
    Triple Thread

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see you in blogland!!!! <3 And I totally just commented on all of your posts haha.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment, And try my best to get back to all of them and check out your blogs.
You guys rock my world. I appreciate the comments so much!


XOXO.
K.